Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Scene 1 - Interior

The scene that I am developing here is the begining of my novel, depicting a hospital styled building set underground. I started at the begining of just creating the walls and adding the elements to make a more realistic view of the room i.e. the windows and the bed. For further developments and to create more realism I will have to create more components to the scene, but this will all be visualised on paper before creation for the final part of the Final Major Study.
Creating lights to look realistic was a struggle as they are the key to creating good shadow techniques and bringing out certain areas of the imagery. The textures are all basic textures created by using layers in photoshop, to create a realistic wall look.
This final image here is a development in photoshop. I could not create a good lighting technique from within the lamp in 3ds max, therefore this was created using a simple lense flare to add that brightness of the lamp, trying to illuminate the scene.

At this stage I am still well within the developing of skills. I feel that to be creating final imagery at this stage would not have the same impact, where as researching techniques and trying them out with simplistic versions of the finished product will give me the upper hand as I will then know what will work within the final renders of my scenes when it comes to creating the finished imagery.

No comments:

Post a Comment